Printing Customer Information from a Customer ID

Copper Contributor

I am setting up a database.  I would like to know how I can print a customer name by just showing the customer ID.   Is this possible?

Thank you.  

CS

12 Replies
How are you showing the Customer ID? Where does it come from (a table? user data entry?)

It is more common that a customer is chosen from a dropdown on a form: it has 2 columns: an invisible CustomerID, and a visible CustomerName column. If you download the Northwind Starter Edition Template (File > New), you will see an example of that on the OrderDetails form.
Thank you for answering. The customer ID is entered by the data entry person. I am trying to put together a feasibility conference appointment database. The previous database had one gigantic table where all the information was added. I was trying to shorten it by adding only the customer ID and Facility ID. numbers. But my quandary now is how can i get the table below to print out the customer ID and facility information.

I have the following fields in my table:

Feasibility ID Customer ID License # Inspector Date Time Status

Thank you,

CS

It is a dropdown.
Good for you following relational database principles, where everything has 1 place only.

If we are on a Feasibility form, and selected a Customer from the dropdown, we have several options on getting additional customer info to display on the screen. The simplest may be to have the combobox (name: cboCustomer) have more than 2 columns. Example RowSource:
select CustomerID, CustomerName, City, CreditLevel from tblCustomers order by CustomerName
The columnWidths for the combobox are set to 0;1;0;0. Of course ColumnCount is now 4.
Add a textbox to frmFeasibility and set its ControlSource to:
=cboCustomer.Column(2)
and another one for Column(3). This will display the City and CreditLevel.

> Feasibility ID Customer ID License # Inspector Date Time Status
I would HIGHLY recommend you get rid of spaces and other funny characters, as well as Reserved Words.
Also a few more lookup tables may be in order, like tblInspectors and tblStatus.
FeasibilityID, CustomerID, LicenseNo, InspectorID, VisitDateTime, StatusID

@Tom_van_Stiphout   Thank you for that information.   What I am trying to do is to have a printout that would display all the customer information and all the facility information for the inspectors and other staff.   I currently have 3 auto populate forms in my database. 

1 - Customers

2 - Facilities

3 - Feasibilities

All of these three forms feed back into their individual tables.  I need one printout that shows all the information for the staff.  

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. 

Thank you for your time. 

CS

I do have look up tables for each of the items listed.
Thanks,
CS
Create a report query, joining the 3 tables. Then base your report on that query.
Thank you. I don't believe I have ever queried reports. But I will give it a shot. Thanks for the guidance.
Check out the aforementioned Northwind Starter Edition. You'll see qryrpt* queries, corresponding to rpt* reports.

@CShewear 

PMFJI: " I don't believe I have ever queried reports"

That's not what is happening.

What Tom is suggesting is a query based on the relevant tables.

That query then is used as a report's recordsource.

GeorgeHepworth_0-1703793790904.png

Thank you for clarifying. I will see if I can do that.
Sincerely,
CS