office 365 home access 2019

Copper Contributor

i have a database with over 12000 records the input data table is fine. when i run a query i'm no longer getting a popup window as a search. i'm looking for someone to walk me thru the creation of a pop up window. i have spent two weeks on this and have nothing to show for it.  i'm not even able to get a tech on phone from microsoft so that the database could be shared

3 Replies

@trifectapete 

I assume by "popup window", you are are referring to the dialog box which opens asking for a parameter to a query. I don't use them because it's usually more user friendly to offer users a combo box on a form as the parameter. That means the user only has to select a valid value from the list in the combo box, not remember and type in the exact word or date they want. However, to address you specific question, the query should look like this:

SELECT field1, field2, field3

FROM YourTableNameGoesHere

WHERE field1 = [Enter the right value for a parameter here]

It sounds like, for some reason that WHERE clause has been removed.

If you can't find and fix the problem from this overview, you can upload it as an attachment for someone to look at. Remove any sensitive or confidential data from a copy of the accdb for upload if you want to do that. Leave only enough sample data to illustrate the requirement.

Hello my name is Peter Salerno contact number is in the USA 1-727-400-6157. Office 365 This database has a table of 12000 records. Having a few issues on how to do things. My resources have been online,access for dummies and access part-1. If there is a fee for service just let me know.

Main Team Query Form KEEP (Option 1-7) When this query is run the options window opens. From here if By Spread Number Keep (Option-1) is selected the error window opens and if ok is selected the window closes, I would like to be able to have a dialog box popup and offer me a search by the All Team Data Main 12k records KEEP table. A search by Spd field name and then a print to screen report.
Would like to be able to select option-2 from the menu and have a search window open a be able to search the following all games (all records) fav or dog (Fav/Dog) field name (SW or SL) field name and then a print to screen report all Field name would be found in the All Team Data Main 12k records KEEP table.
Would like to be able to select option-3 from the menu and have a search window open and be able to search the following all Team table (team names) Fav/Dog field name and HorA field name found in the
All Team Data Main 12k records KEEP table. and then a print to screen report
Would like to be able to select option-4 from the menu and have a search window open a be able to search the following (Team vs Opp) team and opp field name and O/U field names found in the All Team Data Main 12k records KEEP table and then a print to screen.
Would like to be able to select option-5 from the menu and have a search window open a be able to search the following (Team vs Opp) team and opp field name all field names found in the All Team Data Main 12k records KEEP table and then a print to screen.
Would like to be able to select option-6 from the menu and have a search window open a be able to search the following (O/U) and (TPL) field names are all found in the All Team Data Main 12k records KEEP table and then a print to screen.
Would like to be able to select option-7 from the menu and have a search window open a be able to search the following (any team report) All Team Data Main 12k records KEEP table and then a print to screen.
not sure on how to upload database

@trifectapete 

Unfortunately, a minor health problem is preventing me from staying on line today. I'll see if I can't get someone else to step in. I apologize.

That said, you are using terms that come from your own specific work environment, but which mean little to someone outside, e.g. "Main Team Query Form KEEP (Option 1-7) " and " By Spread Number Keep (Option-1)". You know what you mean by "KEEP (Option 1-7)" and "Spread Number Keep" but, of course, no one else can know that. It's better to explain using more generic terms that anyone can relate to. Even more useful will be an example of the actual SQL from that query. 

That said, I'm off to try to get into the clinic, but before I go I'll drop a request to see if someone can't step in.