MS Access error

Copper Contributor

Trust125_0-1658813389762.png

MS access file shows an error"The expression on mouse down you entered as the event property

setting produced the following error:invalid character" while clicking any button in the forms.The same files can access from other pc's.Every files are programmed with vb code.

I did the following;

1.File > Options > Add ins > COMS Add ins > click Go >

2.Trust center settings>macro settings>enable all macros

3.Reinstall MS office

4.compile vb code in one of the access file-> it shows an error "invalid character" (same file can access from other pc with no errors)

*PC : Windows 10

*Microsoft office 2016

11 Replies

@Trust125 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Microsoft Access space - please post Microsoft Access questions here in the future. 

As I can't see your form all I can do is make an informed guess.
It sounds like your form is corrupted.
Try decompiling your project which will remove any compilation code including anything that is corrupted,
If that doesn't help, create a new form
what do you mean by:
"The same files can access from other pc's."

there is only 1 file being accessed by many?
if that is true, then it is a no, no.
you need to split the db and give each Users their own copy of the Front End (FE).
Thankyou for your reply,
Compiled the access file and an error "invalid character" in a vb code of one of the forms .
VB code->
Private Sub 暵偠傞儃僞儞_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_暵偠傞儃僞儞_Click

If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False
DoCmd.Close

Exit_暵偠傞儃僞儞_Click:
Exit Sub

Err_暵偠傞儃僞儞_Click:
MsgBox Err.Description
Resume Exit_暵偠傞儃僞儞_Click

End Sub
>Actually the button name in the form is in japanese language .
How do i change the language to japanese ?(I have copy paste the japanese vb code but this pc displayes only chinese)
Thank you for your support

@Trust125 

Hi

Perhaps you misread my post.

I suggested you DECOMPILED your project - see Decompile and Compact Your Microsoft Access Database to Improve Performance and Fix Corruption (fmsi...

I also recommend you change the macro settings back to the default value

Sorry I don't know how this site deals with languages such as Japanese

that is the problem when the "original" language where the db was created is in "other" language and want to run it in EN language.
you need to put your Form in Design View and replace all Jap Control name to EN.
also you need to re-create each Form event and use EN labels.
This may be a long shot, but because you are dealing with different languages, Japanese, English, and apparently Chinese, it might be good to ensure that the non-working computer supports the language(s) you need.
Pc supports the languages english, japanese and chinese.
"Now the button in the form is in japanese (閉じるボタン) and in the vb code programmed to this button the name is in chinese."
I tryed to edit the code to change name to japanese and create button with the name in chinese.Both not working.
as suggested by others, do your coding in EN please.
Thankyou
I have created a new form .button and vb code in english .But same error.
Not only for one file,every access file have this same error
Fixed
changed system locale to japanese.
Thank you for the support