SOLVED

MS Access database not functioning correctly after changing to Microsoft 365

Copper Contributor

I have just upgraded from Office 2019 to Microsoft 365.  

I have an Access database (.accdb) which I have been using with no issues in Access 2019.  Since changing to Microsoft 365, the database is not working correctly.

When data is entered using a form, the data is correctly saved in the relevant tables but subforms, reports, searches, etc do not update with any of the new data.  So the only data I can see in forms, reports, etc is data that was entered before changing to 365.

Help, please!

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Andrea1223 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Andrea1223 There's more to the story, I think.

The change from Access 2019 to Access 365 probably did not, in itself, lead to this problem. It's more like that something changed within the accdb itself. 

"When data is entered using a form, the data is correctly saved in the relevant tables...."

How have you been able to verify that?

"...subforms, reports, searches, etc do not update with any of the new data."

How does this "update" work? What does that entail?

Thank you George. I have actually solved the problem thanks to your response. I made the assumption that the change had caused the problems with my Access. Whereas it was a "glitch" with my forms and reports- I still don't know how that happened but I just imported them from a backup and all is working again.

In answer to one of your question, this is a database I put together myself to manage Guests, Bookings, Payments, etc for my holiday let business. I therefore can access all tables, queries, form design, etc. So could verify that data was being entered.

Thank you for your prompt which has helped me restore normality and reminded me of the importance of backups.
Congratulations on resolving the problem.

Continued success with the project.
Thank you. Just needed you to make me ask the right question X
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Andrea1223 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Andrea1223 There's more to the story, I think.

The change from Access 2019 to Access 365 probably did not, in itself, lead to this problem. It's more like that something changed within the accdb itself. 

"When data is entered using a form, the data is correctly saved in the relevant tables...."

How have you been able to verify that?

"...subforms, reports, searches, etc do not update with any of the new data."

How does this "update" work? What does that entail?

View solution in original post