MS Access crashes when trying to open any file

Copper Contributor

Running a stand alone version of MS Access on Windows 11 through Parallels on a MacBook Pro (M1). Starting yesterday (12/31/2021), Access crashes when trying to open any Access database file. I have reinstalled Access, updated Windows, but to no avail. There are no Add-ins running, no COM Add-ins either. There are no error messages when this occurs. Access just shuts down. Any ideas.

8 Replies

@Kynan2085 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Microsoft Access space - please post Microsoft Access questions here in the future. 

@Eric Starker  Sorry.  Microsoft support told me to post here.  

Did they give you a link specifically to the Tech Community Discussion space: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Info-Center/ct-p/Community-Info-Center or did they just send you to Tech Community in general? We'd love to make sure they are sending people to the right place.
Yes. They sent me a link.
Okay, thank you! We'll reach out to them. Hopefully you can get your actual question answered here.

@Kynan2085 

I am having the same issue. MS Access 2021 crashes on Parallels Desktop v17 w/ Windows 11 ARMS on MacBook Pro M1 Pro chip. 

Have they provided a fix or workaround that works? 

Thank you,

No. I haven't had time but I plan to try removing Windows 11 ARM and trying to install Windows 10 ARM to see if this will fix the problem.
I already tried that. It is the same issue as if Microsoft Access database was not designed for ARM chip. I thought that they would have made it ARM native with the recent release of Office 2021, but this issue still exists. Microsoft Technical Support don't have any answer and don't want to support. No response on any of the tickets or Tech support chats (Calls are not supported).