MS Access 2016 vs Acces 365

Copper Contributor

Hi all, 

Sorry for multicross messages if through. I am newbie here, and I am facing a following technical issues, could you please look at this.

some of my students working on  Access office365 (via browser) and I have office professional 2016 on my system. Problem is, I am unable to open students' access files on my system and an error pop up as shown ( attachment). even though, their files are .accdb, that's a new format. This is compatibility issues, but 365 is already newer version and if I click on help link, it will take me to link ( but that is not relevant to me). Backward Access compatibility issues. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/office/developer/office-2010/dn602608(v=office.14)?redirectedfrom=MSDN 

Remember, I have Office professional 2016 licensed version on my system ( win 8). Any idea, how to sort it out?

Thanks in advance. 

2 Replies
There is no such thing as Access 365 via browser, so I'm confused by that statement.

As for the error there is little you can do. Either you have to upgrade your Access/Office installation or the database developer has to create a downgraded version of their database for 2016 consumption.

Have you tried manually updating to see if that makes any difference?

@Daniel_Pineault Thanks Daniel, I was trying to update my installed Access copy but there is update options is missing and one button about is available. I assumed I have volume license install on my system. 

any other way to fix it?

Thanks