Microsoft Access 2021 keeps on crashing (Mac M1 Pro, Parallels Desktop v17, Windows 11 ARM)

Copper Contributor

I had purchased Microsoft Office 2019, but MS Access database (Windows 11 ARM with Parallels Desktop V17 on Mac M1 Pro) crashes as soon as I open/create mdb file. So, I just purchased Microsoft Office 2021 Product Activation Key, but crashes as well.

It does not give any error message. It opens up Access normally. When I create a new database or try to open up existing mdb file, it crashes with no errors; just turns off.

I have tried everything on my end. Completely uninstalling Office 2019 and 2021 many times. Rebuilding Parallels Desktop with the latest Windows 11 ARMs version. Microsoft Access is the only application that is having problems. All other applications are working fine including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, OneNotes, Quicken, QuickBooks, Adobe PDF, etc.

Even Mac support and Parallels Desktop support even several Microsoft Tier1 support, and they have no idea why this is happening.

Please help. 

Thank you

22 Replies
"...except I am not able to migrate my MS OneNote files."
That's not an Access problem. Maybe you should post this question in a forum that supports the OneNote application.

@George Hepworth What is the link to Microsoft OneNote application support? 
I don't see it in this techcommunity.microsoft.com

@mbatpatel 

That's a good question. I have never looked for OneNote myself. Maybe a search here or in Google will turn one up for you. Try, for example, the search function on this page. Search for "OneNote". Posts should appear.