Hello, I have in a Table 3 fields named: CODE, VALUE, VS,

They have the following form:

CODE        VALUE      VS

WER77       3658

WER77       495A

WER77       6215

LL5489       7Q88

LL5489       3856

So as you see the field "CODE" has many similar entries. But each similar entry has a different entry in the field "VALUE". What I need is the  "VALUE" entries of the same "CODE", to be entered in the field "VS", comma separated, in the first record of each common CODE entry. So the above example would look like: 

CODE        VALUE      VS

WER77       3658       3658, 495A, 6215

WER77       495A

WER77       6215

LL5489       7Q88      7Q88, 3856

LL5489       3856

Is this possible? Sorry if I didn't explain it well, but English is not my main language.

Thank you

Dimitris

3 Replies

@DimitrisGreece 

Yes, as theDBGuy explained in response to your question about this at MS Answers, you can use a function that concatenates those values into a single field in a query. 

As I said, you can do this to DISPLAY those concatenated values as needed for a query or a report, but it is not appropriate to store them that way in a table. 

Thanks for your answer. I couldn't make this work. I am a newbie in Access, and I couldn't adjust that code to my table. Actually I didn't understand anything! :(

@DimitrisGreece 

In the other thread, we discussed that this is ONLY useful for DISPLAY of those fields and values in a query, and not to be used to create a non-standard kind of table that will end up making life more difficult.

It would help to provide you some more detailed help if you can provide some sample data in a sample accdb. This forum supports upload of files so we could use it to fine-tune that query