SOLVED

I need to access the database

Brass Contributor

hello guys please what i need to do to access the database.

safwen_0-1672079382925.png

7 Replies
Reboot the machine. File > Account to make sure Access is at the latest version.
On a copy of the file, run File > Infor > Compact and Repair
If it still fails, try it on another computer.
If it still fails, go back to a backup. You may have some corruption.
sir, this is an old program database i found it on an old computer. i need to extract some information. the file keeps asking me that the user does not have access to it. I tried to compact and repair but it doesn't work
Create a new database.
Use the Import feature to import tables from the other database. That should give you at least the data, but not a working application.

@Tom_van_Stiphout 

keep asking my permission

safwen_0-1672084858656.png

That doesn't look good. You may have to go back in time to a backup that does not have this problem.
best response confirmed by safwen (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

If the file extension of the db is "accdb" then the messages could come from a corruption of the file.

If the file extension is "mdb" then the messages could also mean that the database is secured with the old user level security method.

Servus
Karl

Access Bug Trackers

Access News
Access DevCon

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by safwen (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

If the file extension of the db is "accdb" then the messages could come from a corruption of the file.

If the file extension is "mdb" then the messages could also mean that the database is secured with the old user level security method.

Servus
Karl

Access Bug Trackers

Access News
Access DevCon

View solution in original post