I'm hunger for learning Microsoft Access

Copper Contributor

Anybody here who can suggest me how can i learn from A to Z of Microsoft Access? please suggest me.

3 Replies

@Itatiq 

That's a rather serious undertaking. I don't think there is any one seminal source of such training.

The most important thing you can do first is learn about the process of Normalization, or proper table design for a relational database application. 

Start by searching out as many different sources on Normalization as you can. Invest time and energy in UNDERSTANDING how you go about properly designing tables, how you determine relationships between them, and how you go about enforcing Referential Integrity on those relationships.

Once you have your feet under you in this area, the next task is to learn how to exploit the Interface Design tools in Access. By that I mean the forms and reports you use to interact with the data in your tables.

Again, there are lots and lots of resources around, including YouTube videos and online courses. 

Obviously, forums like this one--and others--are a good place to find specific help for specific questions and problems. 

thanks for your suggestion...but badly need to step by step guideline. i know that many tutorial have in online but not step by step or advanced label tutorial.

There are a number of books on MS Access available. Some are more than 1000 pages long! Keep in mind that MS Access is a development tool, not a single "process". All relational database applications built with MS Access have some features in common: tables to store data, forms and reports with which to interact with data, VBA to manipulate data and other objects. However, each relational database application is also UNIQUE because it is designed to support one specific business function. For example, you can use Access to create a production control application, a human resources application, a sales and marketing application, a quality control application, even a financial application. Every one of them is different in some ways. It is simply impossible to follow a "step by step" tutorial to do any of those. Invest time in learning how relational database applications work, from the table design up. Then you can apply that knowledge to specific tasks YOU choose for your organization. Again, look for YouTube videos as well as online classes and forums. The best of luck.