Help! I have an error message in Access " The form name 'frmSaddlesSales' is misspelled

Copper Contributor

Hi all, thank you in advanced for helping me.  I have an error message on Access 2007 that says "the form name 'frmSaddlesSales' is misspelled or referes to a form that doesn't exist.  The secondary message says "if the invalid form name is in a macro, an action failed dialog box will display the macro name and the macro's arguements after you click OK. Open the Macro window, and enter the correct form name.

I can't figure out how find this.  I believe what happened was I created a "new" file and clicked the exit without saving it.  Any help would be great.

1 Reply

@DeborahWitty 

Unfortunately, we have no visibility to your computer, nor to this accdb, so finding the problem is difficult, if not impossible for us.

That said, would this actually be a valid name for something you'd be tracking in this relational database application? 

You can possibly find the term by opening the macros in your application, one at a time, and looking. Or, if it's in VBA, then there is a way to search the entire VBA module.

GeorgeHepworth_0-1652388783851.png

If it's in a query, or in a form, the search is more intense, but doable.

And, if this is something you might want to do again and again, you could obtain a 3rd-party tool. One that is very good is available here.  This one isn't free, but the cost may well be worthwhile if you need to do this kind of searching task regularly.