Data Link Error Connecting to Access Database with OLE DB Provider

Copper Contributor

I am using 'MS Office 16.0 Access Database Engine OLE DB Provider' via ArcGIS Pro to connect to an access database I have, but am consistently running into a data link error suggesting that the database requires a newer version of access. Yet the version I am using is from my office 365 subscription, and is the newest version available. After looking around I have found this help page which pertains to a similar error in opening access files.  As suggested there, running "?Application.CurrentDB.Version" in the interact window shows that I am running version 16.7,  suggesting that the issues might be with large numbers, which were in the access file and then changed to numbers (generic) and saved to a different file. The problem persists, and even using ODBC drivers the database requires a "newer version of access".

So questions to the experts here: How do I proceed? Am I not on the correct version of Access? How do I update if Access says I have the newest version? Do I have to edit something else in the access file? Am I approching this in the wrong way? 

Always happy to provide more info. Thanks for the help!

E.

1 Reply
More context, about what Access I am running: Microsoft® Access® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2301 Build 16.0.16026.20002) 64-bit