Conflict MS Access and Acclaim Software program

Copper Contributor

Hi, since December 2019 been unable to access Acclaim Accounting software program with the response "ms runtime 2013 not installed". The MS Access program is installed.

Microsoft support and an engineer from Acclaim have directly accessed my computer (Windows 7) and have reinstalled the two programs in question with no success and unable to assist any further

Anyone got any suggestions?

Ron 

3 Replies

@ronhulme Contact the vendor from whom you acquired the Acclaim software. Perhaps they have more insight into their software.

@George Hepworth 

thank you George but an Engineer from Acclaim Software has already accessed my computor and it has got him totally stumped, he has never seen this conflict before and after deleting and reinstalling the software and amongst a few other things he tried nothing worked.

@ronhulme But the message indicates that their software is supposedly making a call to the MS Access runtime. I would have thought they'd be aware of that.

However, I wonder if there's something else at work. Try downloading and installing the Access runtime yourself, for example. Perhaps, for some reason, your computer environment has changed  recently?