Compact & Repair

Copper Contributor

My data base is getting on the large size, so decided to do a Compact & Repair - have used this option in the past OK.   With D/B opened selected the Compact & Repair option in File> Options > Compact & Repair - was then asked to provide Password - Entered and told the password Incorrect - OK maybe a typing error, so attempt 2 - again failed - checked Caps lock etc then attempt 3 failed..

So, closed down D/B and opened up again - another try with Compact & Repair - 3 attempts, all failed.

Went into the Options and Set the D/B to Compact & Repair on file exit - then closed the D/B and again asked for the Password - entered 3 times and then Invalid password.

Build is 16327.20248 - I have checked for any MS Access updates and none available.

Suggestions and help will be app

4 Replies
Is this an mdb or an accdb?

@George Hepworth 

accdb

@Dave_Sleeman 

Okay, that eliminates one possible source of the problem.

I assume that you know the password because you set it yourself.  Because the error message indicates that you are using the wrong password,  we do have to eliminate that as a possibility.

When you open it, though, the same password DOES work?

@George Hepworth 

Good day George

I set the original Password and the Password on the data-base works fine on Opening.

I have checked and triple checked that I am using the correct password when attempting to run the Compact and Repair.   I have made sure that Caps lock is not having an impact.   I have run the Compact and Repair on the data-base in the past and it has worked fine.

I Copy the file to a Backup Drive once a month after the Compact and Repair.  Results show

file size was 63,032 Kb in January, then 62,936 kb in March, and in April 145,568 kb.

Regards

Dave Sleeman