Copilot for Microsoft 365 Tech Accelerator
Feb 28 2024 07:00 AM - Feb 29 2024 10:30 AM (PST)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

Chart in Developer view - scrolling not working, fcussing instead

Copper Contributor

Hello,

i have a chart in an Access report and i want to format the chart properly.

Anyway if i double click on the chart, the window looks not very nice (looks like graphic errors)

MikkoRiese_0-1703149264389.png

If i then try to scroll down to see the x-axes, it is not scrolling down but focussing instead.

MikkoRiese_1-1703149327853.png

Also if i want to set the font size of the axes lables i have to set it to 3 point so that it looks like 12 to 16 point.

I already tried to use vba but the events are not fired in the report view.

Any idea how charts can be formated properly?

also how i can change the size of the actual chart in the chart element. As i always have a lot of space on the right side and on the bottom

2 Replies
best response confirmed by MikkoRiese (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

From your pictures it looks as if you would try to use the old Graph chart controls with a high resolution monitor. They are not really adapted/updated for that. So, you could try to either reduce your resolution to sth like HD or use the "Modern" charts (Ribbon: Design - Controls - Insert Modern Chart).

Servus
Karl

Access Forever

Access News
Access DevCon

Access-Entwickler-Konferenz AEK

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MikkoRiese (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

From your pictures it looks as if you would try to use the old Graph chart controls with a high resolution monitor. They are not really adapted/updated for that. So, you could try to either reduce your resolution to sth like HD or use the "Modern" charts (Ribbon: Design - Controls - Insert Modern Chart).

Servus
Karl

Access Forever

Access News
Access DevCon

Access-Entwickler-Konferenz AEK

View solution in original post