Case number: 1000808228

Copper Contributor

Hi, I recently recently moved Epson LQ 310 printer from a Windows 7 to Windows 10 PC, I have copied all settings from old and new PC, but now when I want to print labels, I cannot continuesly request print 1 label set, I have to alternate, eg. after I print label set 1, I have to print label set 2 before I can print label set 1 again. I need to print label set 1 all the time and occasionally print label set 2, having to alternate is time consuming and waste of labels, can someone assist me with this? TIA

8 Replies

@CMC001 

This forum is devoted to the MS Access Relational Database Application.

Are you trying to print labels from within the Access application? If so, we'll need more details about that. If not, you'll probably get better results from a more appropriate forum, perhaps one dedicated to Windows printers.

@George Hepworthyes printing from Access in Windows 10 but I am not sure what other details I need to provide.

Thanks. Based on the overview of the problem provided, it's impossible to guess what might be happening. For example, "Label Set 1" and "Label Set 2" mean something to you, but not to people who can't actually see the Access Relational Database Application where this is being done.
" I cannot continuesly [sic] request print 1 label set, I have to alternate, eg. after I print label set 1, I have to print label set 2 before I can print label set 1 again."

Are you saying that Access will not allow you to print "label set 1" twice in a row? What happens when you try? Do you get an error message? Or is there some other reason that happens? Again, details help convey the full dimensions of the problem.

Thanks.

@George Hepworththanks for responding, yes I cannot print label set 1 twice in a row, after printing label 1 the 1st time, nothing happens when I print the 2nd time, no error message, no print queue, it just "disappear". I have to print label set 2 one time, then print label set 1 to get it to print again.

I cant exactly explain how the label setting configuration is as it was copied over from old PC and I have very limited knowledge of Access, all I can see is 1 is Item label, 2 is Name label.

Also I was directed here by Microsoft when I contacted them about this problem, I am not sure where else to go, if there is a more appropriate forum I should go to, can you please give me a link or something? Much appreciated.

@CMC001  I wish I could offer more information, but without a better description of the actual processes, we're just going to be guessing.

If you want to share a copy of the accdb for examination, perhaps someone could identify the problem from actually trying it out.

@George Hepworthsorry I can't seems to attach the file, it's mdb and I not sure how to change it to accdb

@CMC001You should not need to change it to an accdb.

Do a Compact & Repair on the mdb.

Compress it into a ZIP file.

Upload that ZIP file instead.

@George Hepworth  thanks, attached is the file.