SOLVED

Add the current time to a date field in a report footer...

Copper Contributor

I've not a lot of experience with Access.  I've a report which has a date field in the footer "=(Now())".  I'd like to add the time to that field.  Ideally I'd like the field to resemble...

"Wed. 27 Jan. 2021  3:53:46 PM

I didn't think it was going to be a big deal to make that (What I thought was a) minor change, but as an octogenarian, most things are more difficult these days.  Thanks for whatever help anyone can offer.

JLOB

3 Replies

@JLOB650 

Not too difficult.  In the Report footer, in Design View select the Date field and select Properties.

In the All tab:

NigelV_0-1611789187601.png

Set Control Source to =Now()

and Format to dddd dd mmmm yyyy hh:nn:ss

dddd gives the day in full eg Wednesday, dd gives the day of the month, mmmm the full month and hh:nn:ss hour, minutes and seconds.

I get: 

NigelV_1-1611789553021.png

with this format.

best response confirmed by JLOB650 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@NigelV 

Thank you.  Your instructions were/are spot on.  If you'd indulge a  further query...  Can you point me to a source for the complete date format options?  I'd really like to eliminate the military time in favor of AM/PM.

Thanks again.

JLOB

@JLOB650 

NigelIV,

Skip the AM/PM query. I figured it out....not the solution, but more iomportant the way to FIND the solution. You've been a big help. I appreciate it.

JLOB

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JLOB650 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@NigelV 

Thank you.  Your instructions were/are spot on.  If you'd indulge a  further query...  Can you point me to a source for the complete date format options?  I'd really like to eliminate the military time in favor of AM/PM.

Thanks again.

JLOB

View solution in original post