Add Parameters to a Macro

Steel Contributor

Hello,

I have a macro 

I didnt design it

I run the parameters On Open of a report. 

I need to modify (add another parameter) it but I dont understand parameters too much. 

There are 3 rows and I want to add another. 

I have rt clicked and searched all over and cant find how I do this.  

There is a hyperlink "update parameters" but that doesnt do anything other than hide all of the parameters. 

Grateful for the help. 

Tony2021_0-1636930954372.jpeg

5 Replies

@Tony2021 This is hard to explain via this environment, so use your imagination a bit in looking for answers.

Apparently there is another macro involved. That macro is associated with the report and that is where the parameters should be defined. Look in the report and see what you can find. If you find such a macro, show it here and we'll see if we can pursue it.

@George Hepworth 

George,
I see one saved macro and within the report are the parameters.
I see I can add an action but there are many options.

Do you know which action it would be?

Tony2021_0-1637172174673.png

@Tony2021 

I had to review macros. I almost never use them and it had been a long time since I did.

Open the query that provides records to the report. It should have three parameters already, the ones shown in your screenshot. Add the fourth there. Now, when you edit the macro and click on the "update parameters" link, it should add the fourth parameter. 

Hopefully that'll do it.

Hello George,

yes, I have the query open as in screen shot above.
I have to add an ACTION it appears.
I dont know which ACTION I would choose since there are so many.
I think I need to choose an action?

@Tony2021 

Quoting myself, 
"Open the query that provides records to the report. It should have three parameters already, the ones shown in your screenshot. Add the fourth there."