access upgrade from office 2010 to office 365 doesn't work - goes into continuous installer loop

Copper Contributor

I have office 2010 on my desktop and just upgraded to office 365. The Access upgrade doesn't work at all. When I click on the access symbol or on an access file it immediately goes into installer mode and then tells me that fonts are missing 

7 Replies
Did you uninstall A2010 first or try to keep it to have both versions on your PC?
If you don't need Access 2010 then uninstall it and reinstall 365.
If you want to keep both versions, have a look at my article https://www.isladogs.co.uk/office-dual-install/index.html
Good morning I have read your article very interesting and noted that both versions should be able to work side by side. I am reluctant to uninstall office 2010, because I can't find my original install disks or computer the program was purchased on. I have uninstalled office365 and access runtime. Had to run the uninstall several times before office365 cleared. I can now again use Access 2010. Now when I want to open up Excel, the windows installer starts up again. I will probably have no choice but to uninstall office 2010 and then reinstall office 365.
If there is an option during Setup to choose Custom Install options which allow you to select which to install (usually with Run from computer, disc, etc.) then I would make certain ALL are selected to Run from computer.
Unfortunately not an option. With 365, all items have to be installed. You SHOULD be able to have both 2010 & 365 together except for Outlook. Only one version of Outlook can be used so it has to be 365. Be warned though. Each time you open A2010 it will need to reconfigure itself i.e. Update the registry. To restore A365 as the default, you will need to run an Office repair. Bit of a pain.

A better alternative is to run one of the Office versions on a virtual machine.

Thank you for your responses.  I will probably uninstall office2010 and then just install office 365. Thank you very much for your help @isladogs