Access issue on other PC's

Copper Contributor

Hi

I have created a database for my workflow, i have done a few databases and never had this problem before.

Issue: 

when i try to open it on another PC running the same version of access the forms are not opening and crash the application. 

If i open the form in design view then save and view it opens fine, then continues to work fine after that also.

if i then open the same file on the original pc i built it on i don't have any issues at all. 

Please help as i have numerous pc's that the application will run on and having to open each form in design view to get them to work seems stupid and not practical if i make any changes to the database.

Note: i have a front and back end database, tried using the unsplit database still the same.

3 Replies

@Chris_Oakes_365 

One possible reason is that there is some corruption in that one or more forms are corrupted.

Start with a compact and repair in the accdb. If that doesn't clear up the problem, the next trouble-shooting step might be to create a new, clean accdb and import objects into it from this one. Test as you go to ensure that each form imported works properly before importing the next. See if you can identify the culprit that way.

@George Hepworth 

Hi George

I found that opening each one in design view and saving again fixed the issue, now able to run front end on several pc's. 

absolutely stumped me what caused that.

thanks for replying. 

Make sure all the computers are running the exact same build no and bitness.

Have you tried decompiling your database?

Have you tried creating a new blank database and importing everything?