Access forms disappeared

Copper Contributor

When I moved from form view to data view the form disappeared.  Doc refers me to a  deleted forms tab which doesn't exist.

6 Replies
Can you provide screen shots to illustrate this?

@RayStakenas1740 

> When I moved from form view to data view
I know the term "Form View" as it relates to a form, but not "Data View". There is no such thing in Access. Please use precise language. What exactly did you mean? Datasheet View perhaps?

Tom_van_Stiphout_0-1664846119730.png

Ahhh ... I don't mean to be disrespectful ... but is it so hard to derive 'Data Sheet View' from 'Data View'??? 

I understand about being 'precise' (50 years in IT ... mostly database') but I think this objection is quite pedantic and unnecessary.

@Tom_van_Stiphout 

@RayStakenas1740 

Being precise is something we take for granted as part of the discipline required to be effective in our jobs in the IT world, so I would have expected the exact opposite reaction to Tom's request for more precision, and to my request for a screen shot to illustrate the problem.

Perhaps, after a good night's sleep all around, we can proceed and get the discussion back on track.

Where and how do you display the form in datasheet view? As a stand-alone or as a subform in a subform control?

Problem resolved ... no issues with form ... although I don't know how I got there, there were two databases, one old without form, one newer with form. Confusion came due to the fact that the table without the form had almost the same number of records as the other.

Regarding the side conversation about precision. From the comments it appears that folks are looking at this from an 'academic' viewpoint. Having spent many many years in the 'real world' with 'real users') the issue was always "find out what's going on and fix the problem". That is there was a 'real world' problem to address and they were unfamiliar with IT/database terminology.

That is, the database was a tool, not the end in itself.

With respect to the first response, it really should have been the request for more information rather than a 'lecture' on 'precision'.

I chalk this up to a lack 'real world experience'.

Thank you for listening.
Ah well. Good luck in the future. You just need to acquire a bit more real world experience to deal with Access features. Not a problem. Everyone should keep learning all the time.