SOLVED

Access error 3051

Copper Contributor

I opened my Access file and am getting 3051 error when an autoload form trys to run VBA OnLoad.

And if I try to open a table, tells me 'I can't read or write to the file because it is opened exlcusively by another user or I need permissions.

I am the only user and this is a stand alone file.

3 Replies

@Mark_R1997 

When you refer to "... autoload form...", do you mean the Display Form form designated in Options as the first form to open?

GeorgeHepworth_0-1648304294825.png

What is the actual code that runs on the On Load event? Showing us the details is a good way to share information that can be useful in helping identify a problem.

Also, when you try to open a table, is that table also bound to a form that is open at the time? Or does it happen even when only that table is open and nothing else? Again, details go a long way towards helping trouble-shoot potential reasons for things that happen.

@George Hepworth 

Thanks but it was a OneDrive issue. As soon as I moved the file onto my hard drive, it worked fine.

Not sure why OneDrive permissions went wonky yet....

best response confirmed by Mark_R1997 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Mark_R1997 Ouch. OneDrive? It's bad juju to try to run any Access relational database application from OneDrive. The problem you ran into is one of a couple of different problems that can arise.

Congratulations on solving the problem.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mark_R1997 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Mark_R1997 Ouch. OneDrive? It's bad juju to try to run any Access relational database application from OneDrive. The problem you ran into is one of a couple of different problems that can arise.

Congratulations on solving the problem.

View solution in original post