SOLVED

A database with macros, saved as accde, blocks when the file opens, even enabling macros in Trust C

Copper Contributor

Since last days it happens that, after saving a database in accde format, when I try to open the accde file it blocks macros without any message bar, even enabling all macros in Trust Center Settings. Since many years I have used accde files to distribute applications without any problem.

6 Replies

@JMCat 

Better edit your post & share the Database file or the MACRO with us, will help to fix it!

@Rajesh_Sinha 

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I cannot share the database because it is too large and for legal issues. This database has more than 20 years and has also been used in my institution in accde format without problems. Since last week, without changes in the database, it happens the situation described of blocking. That's why I think that this is not a problem of the database but may be a consequence of a recent update of Access.

Thanks again.

best response confirmed by JMCat (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Have you tried rolling back and recent updates?

@Daniel_Pineault 

I tried as you wrote.

The problem is solved.

Thanks a lot

If possible, can you tell us which update(s) you rolled back so I can pass this along to the Access Dev Team?

@Daniel_Pineault 

I used a restore point created in January, 3rd

For the moment I cancelled automatic updates.

Later I will enable automatic updates again and check if the problem reappears, without fear as I can always use the restore point.

Thanks again 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JMCat (Copper Contributor)