SOLVED

create a folder to appear on the rdweb.wvd web page azure wvd

Brass Contributor

I am configuring remote apps for Azure windows VDI with the New-RdsRemoteApp command how can I create a mapped drive reference and show a folder icon.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Eric Fehn (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Eric Fehn 

I created a Shortcut to the mapped drive and then published the shortcut?  Maybe this will help you?

New-RdsRemoteApp Tenant HostPool Applications "Map Drive Name" -Filepath "patch to the shortcut" -IconPath C:\Windows\system32\shell32.dll -IconIndex 3

thanks, I was trying something like this but it didn't work and would only let me create one of them.

New-RdsRemoteApp -TenantName "Windows Virtual Desktop Pooled" -HostPoolName "WindowsVDIHostpooled" -AppGroupname "Basic App group" -Name Explorer -FilePath shell:Appsfolder\Microsoft.Windows.FileExplorer_cw5n1h2txyewy!FileExplorer -IconPath C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.FileExplorer_cw5n1h2txyewy\FileExplorer.exe -FriendlyName "Site Data" -CommandLineSetting Allow -RequiredCommandline " \\Path to files"

I will try your suggestion

@Tecn0  thank you, you have saved the day, your suggestion worked like a charm

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Eric Fehn (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Eric Fehn 

I created a Shortcut to the mapped drive and then published the shortcut?  Maybe this will help you?

New-RdsRemoteApp Tenant HostPool Applications "Map Drive Name" -Filepath "patch to the shortcut" -IconPath C:\Windows\system32\shell32.dll -IconIndex 3

View solution in original post