Yet another WVD pool provisioning error

Copper Contributor
'code':'DeploymentFailed','message':'At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please list deployment operations for details. Please see https://aka.ms/arm-debug for usage details.','details':[{'code':'Conflict','message':'{\\r\\n \\'status\\': \\'Failed\\',\\r\\n \\'error\\': {\\r\\n \\'code\\': \\'ResourceDeploymentFailure\\',\\r\\n \\'message\\': \\'The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.\\',\\r\\n \\'details\\': [\\r\\n {\\r\\n \\'code\\': \\'DeploymentFailed\\',\\r\\n \\'message\\': \\'At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please list deployment operations for details. Please see https://aka.ms/arm-debug for usage details.\\',\\r\\n \\'details\\': [\\r\\n {\\r\\n \\'code\\': \\'BadRequest\\',\\r\\n \\'message\\': \\'{\\\\r\\\\n \\\\\\'error\\\\\\': {\\\\r\\\\n \\\\\\'code\\\\\\': \\\\\\'InvalidResourceReference\\\\\\',\\\\r\\\\n \\\\\\'message\\\\\\': \\\\\\'Resource /subscriptions/73f792b4-bd4d-4f3f-a2d5-57c68d182036/resourceGroups/SGA-WVD/providers/Microsoft.Network/virtualNetworks/vnet-01/subnets/vmSubnet referenced by resource /subscriptions/73f792b4-bd4d-4f3f-a2d5-57c68d182036/resourceGroups/SGA-WVD/providers/Microsoft.Network/networkInterfaces/SGAWVD-0-nic was not found. Please make sure that the referenced resource exists, and that both resources are in the same region.\\\\\\',\\\\r\\\\n \\\\\\'details\\\\\\': []\\\\r\\\\n }\\\\r\\\\n}\\'\\r\\n }\\r\\n ]\\r\\n }\\r\\n ]\\r\\n }\\r\\n}'}]}

The included error occurs early in the pool provisioning process.  It is not clear where it obtained information about the non-existent virtual or why it is even referencing the virtual nic by name.   I need help resolving and then picking up where it crashed.  I confirmed the pool is not provisioned but it will not allow reference to resources specified in the original non-existent pool when attempting to create a new pool.   

5 Replies

I am having what appears to be the exact same issue the deployment fails because it says it cant find the virtual NIC's. I pasted a bit of the error below @sviasvia 

resourceGroups/VirtualDesktop/providers/Microsoft.Network/networkInterfaces/tavd-1-nic was not found. Please make sure that the referenced resource exists, and that both resources are in the same region.

@sviasvia 

Hi, i am experiancing same problem 

Hi, did you create a service principal to use in step 4 of the host pool creation? Also, make sure the resource group you are using is empty or create a new one. When my deployment failed, I had to delete the original resource group and create a service principal since our admin has multi-factor authentication enabled on his account.@sviasvia 

@sbuntun 

Hi, yep, the mistake from my guess is the upn problem, so i tried to generate key, but then i get error "User is not authorized to query the management service." i tried almost everything written here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Windows-Virtual-Desktop/Azure-VDI-Windows-Virtual-Desktop-Pro... but nothing helped... 

I will wait for later phase of preview, from what i heard final relase should be in like 4 months. 

@sbuntun 

Thanks.  I was able to overcome my original issue after starting from scratch using PS scripts referenced in  youtube instructional viseo "Windows Virtual Desktop #1 Deployment"