We could't connect because there are currently no available resources. Try again later or...

Copper Contributor

Since this morning we receive this error when we try to connect to our application through the Remote Desktop Application: 

We could't connect because there are currently no available resources. Try again later or contact technical support.

And this is the error retrieved with powershell:

ErrorSource : RDBroker
ErrorOperation : OrchestrateSessionHost
ErrorCode : -2146233088
ErrorCodeSymbolic : ConnectionFailedRDAgentBrokerConnectionNotFound
ErrorMessage : RD Agent from host 0929c773-0c0a-4e02-9ac3-7fd74f6ac183 is not connected to the Broker instance is associated with during orchestration
request.
ErrorInternal : False
ReportedBy : RDGateway
Time : 8/12/2019 6:54:35 AM

We also tried to recreate the app group without success.

7 Replies

@LucaBerniniKT I have similar problem and I can see the the agent on the session host is not posting heartbeats properly to WVD they way it used to. Did you resolve your problem? 

@LucaBerniniKT Same problem in our environment. Yesterday we were using it, and this morning we are getting this error. Nothing has changed in between. Something down on Microsoft's end?

@Johan_ErikssonUnfortunately not yet. We will try to delete and recreate the resources. 

@LucaBerniniKT Solved the issue on my end!

I checked the status of session hosts in my environment, and noticed something odd.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-RdsSessionHost -TenantName contoso.ca -HostPoolName contosoWVD

SessionHostName : contosoWVD-0.contoso.ca
TenantName : contoso.ca
TenantGroupName : Default Tenant Group
HostPoolName : contosoWVD
AllowNewSession : True
Sessions : 0
LastHeartBeat : 7/3/2019 8:41:18 PM
AgentVersion : 1.0.833.5
AssignedUser :
OsVersion : 10.0.17763
SxSStackVersion : rdp-sxs190429002
UpdateState : Succeeded
LastUpdateTime : 7/3/2019 8:38:18 PM
UpdateErrorMessage :

SessionHostName : contosoWVD01-0.contoso.local
TenantName : contoso.ca
TenantGroupName : Default Tenant Group
HostPoolName : contosoWVD
AllowNewSession : True
Sessions : 1
LastHeartBeat : 8/13/2019 12:37:59 PM
AgentVersion : 1.0.1006.2006
AssignedUser :
OsVersion : 10.0.17763
SxSStackVersion : rdp-sxs190614002
UpdateState : Succeeded
LastUpdateTime : 8/6/2019 8:08:11 PM
UpdateErrorMessage :

Our environment only has one session host. The other host "contosoWVD-0.contoso.ca" was probably one of our testing iterations early on. The strange part is that it was marked as "Available" even though it doesn't exist and last heartbeat was 7/3/2019. This must be a new bug starting a few hours ago. After removing the defunct host, it worked again. Traffic must have been routing to the old host in error.

Hope that saves someone the hours I spent on it this morning.

@LucaBerniniKT Borked on us too after Windows Updates were installed this afternoon. Get-RdsSessionHost indicates the last heartbeat was received right before the VM was rebooted to install updates. KB4512508 is the culprit - I uninstalled it but the agent was still messed up. Dropped the Session Host from the host pool, uninstalled all the Remote Desktop agent stuff, followed the instructions for registering a session host to an existing pool via powershell, and got it working again after a reboot. Going to pause updates for a bit until a new agent comes out.

@Masoud515 

@LucaBerniniKT 

@Paul Youngberg 

@AS_Streamline 

@Johan_Eriksson 

This work for me.

• Make sure you that you use the right URL 

https://rdweb.wvd.microsoft.com/webclient/index.html

https://rdweb.wvd.microsoft.com/arm/webclient/index.html

• Make sure that the user has the license ==>  here
  •  If you didn't add Default desktop users when create your host pool use the following commands

Add-RdsAccount -DeploymentUrl "https://rdbroker.wvd.microsoft.com" # login with you admin@xxxx.onmicrosoft.com

Add-RdsAppGroupUser -Tenantname "AzureTenantName" -Hostpoolname "createdHostpoolName" -AppGroupName "Desktop Application Group" -UserPrincipalName user@that-has-license.onmicrosoft.com