OpenVPN client in WVD

Brass Contributor

Hi all,

I know that there is a standard method to create a S2S vpn with a WVD, but for some reasons I'd like to try to run VPN inside my WVD with OpenVpn.

When I ran the configured client manually, everything is ok.

Afterwards I've tried to autostart the VPN via service, restarted the WVD and... I cant no more connect to my machine.

so..

1. how to disable a service (I cant connect to my machine)

2. how to restore the machine

3. there is a safe way to use openvpn?

thanks in advance,

P.

5 Replies

@Braguzz I m unsure whether you are unable to connect to your VM directly OR through WVD. Can you see the VM using "Get-RdsSessionHost"? My suspicion is that you don't have the right ports open or URLs whitelisted: Port 443 outbound

*.wvd.microsoft.com
*.blob.core.windows.net
*.core.windows.net
*.servicebus.windows.net
prod.warmpath.msftcloudes.com
catalogartifact.azureedge.net

@Braguzz you can run "stop-service openvpnservice" on the AzureVM  in Azure Portal

If you want to use any kind of VPN from the Azure VM, make sure VPN configuration forward only specific routes to the tunnel, keeping the default gw on the local interface.

In case of openvpn - make sure that "redirect-gateway" option is not used 

https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/IgnoreRedirectGateway

I was able to connect directly, but not via WVD. I've stopped the openvpn service, but problem persisted... so I've decided to build everithing from scratch... :\
I'll try whenever I'll find a way to re build a WVD from scratch.. :\

Now my problem is that when I try to deploy a WVD (following the guide) I always get the **bleep** 'Exception(s) occured while joining Domain..' error
find a way.

in my OpnVPN client config I've add
------
pull-filter ignore redirect-gateway
route 'my internal net' 255.255.255.0
------

now I have to gfind a way to route all internet trafic trough vpn..
but it works