Is the quickstart "Create and provision WVD host pool" template very similar to the Marketplace one

Brass Contributor

I have been using the Marketplace "Windows Virtual Desktop - Provision a host pool" successfully and I am now transitioning to use a more automated approach with your ARM Template "RDS-Templates/wvd-templates/Create and provision WVD host pool"

I  wanted to understand how similar they are and if one is updated more often than the other. I ask because I want to understand how much extra effort I should spend on validating the result and how often I should go back and recreate the session pool based on updated templates.

1 Reply

@Johan_Eriksson : Good question! You're pretty spot-on: the Azure Marketplace offering is a packaged, UI version of that GitHub ARM template. Changes will typically be brought to that ARM template first, but ultimately they should not be out of sync for more than a few days.

We typically test the ARM templates and stabilize before they reach the master branch of that repro. Thanks for asking!