ConnectionFailedNoHealthyRdshAvailable

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm setting up a Windows Virtual Desktop env but keep hitting an error when connecting to the machine in my host pool. The error is:

(Get-RdsDiagnosticActivities -Tenant WVD -ActivityId 72ea630f-a5a6-4a7c-99f6-d25b8bac0000 -Detailed)
.Errors

ErrorSource : RDBroker
ErrorOperation : LookupSessionHostPool
ErrorCode : -2146233088
ErrorCodeSymbolic : ConnectionFailedNoHealthyRdshAvailable
ErrorMessage : Could not find any SessionHost available in specified pool = ≤MainHostPool≥, due to either: session
s are not allowed, no healthy host (RDAgent did not report health information), session limit reach
ed on all SessionHosts in the pool or the pool is empty. Run Get-RdsHostPool and Get-RdsSessionHost
cmdlets to get more information.
ErrorInternal : False
ReportedBy : RDGateway
Time : 23.07.2019 10:34:46

Even though the machine is in the host pool and gives a positive heart beat every 30 seconds

Get-RdsHostPool -TenantName WVD -Name MainHostPool

TenantName : WVD
TenantGroupName : Default Tenant Group
HostPoolName : MainHostPool
FriendlyName : MainHostPool
Description : Created through ARM template
Persistent : False
CustomRdpProperty :
MaxSessionLimit : 999999
LoadBalancerType : BreadthFirst
ValidationEnv : False
Ring :

Get-RdsSessionHost -TenantName WVD -HostPoolName MainHostPool

SessionHostName : mainPool-0.wvd.onmicrosoft.com
TenantName : WVD
TenantGroupName : Default Tenant Group
HostPoolName : MainHostPool
AllowNewSession : True
Sessions : 1
LastHeartBeat : 23.07.2019 08:37:14
AgentVersion : 1.0.833.5
AssignedUser :
OsVersion : 10.0.17134
SxSStackVersion : rdp-sxs190429002
UpdateState : Succeeded
LastUpdateTime : 23.07.2019 07:54:27
UpdateErrorMessage :

The only thing different from previous deployments was a default Network Security Group on the domain services and that I've deployed using an ARM template. I've added an allow all rule on the inbound and outbound NSG but didn't change anything. The ARM deployment completed successfully.

I can RDP to the machine using a wan ip attached to the machine and can see the machine is properly domain joined.

What else can I check? Any suggestions?

6 Replies

Could it be that deploying the VMs to west europe is the problem as the management solution and data for these VMs will reside in the United States (US East 2 region) and optimal performance of network isn't met?

@JacekM : Does the host pool still exist in that tenant? I'm not seeing anything on the backend.

No, I' ve deleted everything for now. Deploying to west US 2 and will check if arm templates will work there out of the box.

Hi Christian,

I've setup everything from scratch, again, I can see heartbeats but can't connect to my main pool. The domain I've used is wvdpowel.onmicrosoft.com and created Tenant WVDPowel. I have the same error as previously: "We couldn't connect because there are currently no available resources. Try again later or contact tech support for help if this keeps happening".

@JacekM : Thanks for redeploying. Which OS version are you running? If you run Get-RdsSessionHost for your host pool, it mentions that the side-by-side stack listener is not ready, so I'd like to try tracking down the steps you've done and what OS you're running this with.

I've used Windows 10 Pro N and can see now that this isn't the supported version...

Gonna switch the image tomorrow to Windows 10 Enterprise for Windows Virtual Desktop and it'll probably work out of the box.