Windows Server Summit 2024
Mar 26 2024 08:00 AM - Mar 28 2024 04:30 PM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
LIVE

Windows Updates were failed in 2008R2 SP1

Copper Contributor

Hi all ,

I am doing windows Updates for windows Server 2008R2 , However updates were failed SEPTEMBER 2019 Security updates even single KB was not installed  .Could you please help me how to fix it and how to analyses the problem .

From last 4 days i was struggling but i haven't get single input how to find the issue .

NOTE : In that Server we are using SQL SERVER is running   and  Symantec endpoint protection also running .Please find error screenshot for reference 

7 Replies

Hi @Surya_vm2020 are you using WSUS or downloading updates from internet? maybe it is just a communication issue but this is the basic diagnostic! 

we are using WSUS server ,

@Surya_vm2020 the updates were applied correctly in the wsus server and preferably it was restarted? did you make any changes to any policy related with updates? do you have a test server to try aplying updates directly from internet? 

we are not suppose to apply the patches direct downloading from internet ,However we have to identify the problem why this server has failed windows updates , same updates i will successfully did windows for 28 servers only this server having the issue unable to do windows updates , i tried to do install the KB's one by one , result is fail

@Surya_vm2020 what does mean "unable to do windows updates" any error?, just not working?

are other servers in the same GPO applying the same update policy working?

Same GPO is applied for all server including this server , and ERROR : Windows Updates were failed (September Month security Updates ).
Kindly find my attached screenshot in my first message

@Surya_vm2020 - What is KB number? Has the problem been fixed?