Windows Server 2019 with RDSH and Windows Search blank Indexing Options

Copper Contributor

Hi Guys,

i have installed a "naked" Windows Server 2019 Standard Desktop Environment Server. Afterwards i installed the Remote Desktop Session Host Server Role. If i check the Indexing Options now the entries are blank, even i started the Windos Search service. Without the RDSH Role i can browse the Disk in Indexing Options. Normaly i use German Servers, but i tried it also with a fresh english Version from the Evaluation Center.

I have tried it with 3 ISOs and installed the Servers multiple times, always the same result: No RDSH = Indexing Options Ok, RDSH = Indexing Options broken.

Can somewone confirm this behavior (Bug)?

Best Regards,

Basti

3 Replies

@F1eldm4r5ha1 I am having the same issue when installing Citrix... Server 2016 no problem so far.

@KleinVuur and @F1eldm4r5ha1 

Did you guys ever get to the bottom of this. I first noticed it when trying to set FSLogix up in my Citrix environment and noticed the indexing was broken. By rolling back and testing at each stage it seemed to start going wrong once the RDSH roll was added.

Regards, Paul.

@paulcross17  The problem is  the RDSH role, as soon as you install the Role, indexing (Windows Search) is broken. Imagine your users without the yellow highlight when searching their email. I don't see any update available to fix this. Only some comments like "Window search is not an enterprise solution". It is just broken, when you install RDSH.

Leaves me behind with an old OS, or use VDI without RDSH. I do not want any of these workaround.