Where are you printer?

Deleted
Not applicable
I have a client who works on a home network with a networked Brother 9970cdw printer. She is using RDP to connect to a Windows 2008 r2 Terminal Server. She is able to login and use the server; however, her home network printer does not show up in her TS session. The RDP has printers, ports, and drives checked so it should pass through the printer but does not. It did previously work, but now no longer does. I made her a print operator on the TS in case it was permissions related however the printer still did not show up in the TS. I have rebooted both her computer and the server, and still no go. Her Windows 7 Pro x64 computer has all of the latest updates as does the Windows 2008 r2 server. There appears to be one other remote worker with the same issue; however, the remaining 10 users do not have the issue. There are no errors showing in the Event Logs for the server. The printer just doesn't show up. There are two Brother 9970cdw printers already connected so the driver is on the server. Can anyone please point me in the right direction towards a solution? Thanks, Joseph
1 Reply

Connecting to an RDP to a Windows 2008 R2 SP1 Terminal server needs to map that printer to the session. Also if your printer is not multifunction then you need additional 3rd party software as a scanner.