Windows Server Summit 2024
Mar 26 2024 08:00 AM - Mar 28 2024 04:30 PM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
LIVE

Server Manager: Under Manageability - Online- Data retrieval failures occurred

Copper Contributor

7 Replies

anyone know why online- Data retrieval failures occurred ? how to fix this issue ?

@pangkwongluk wrote:

@pangkwongluk Most of the time this happens when either WSMAN is not configured correctly (PowerShell Remoting) or you don't have enough permissions to query the server (you need administrative permissions on the target server and working WSMAN).

@dretzer wrote:

@pangkwongluk Most of the time this happens when either WSMAN is not configured correctly (PowerShell Remoting) or you don't have enough permissions to query the server (you need administrative permissions on the target server and working WSMAN).

@dretzer 

still don't solve my problem.

I have tried to enable PowerShell Remoting and grant domain admin permission but still have same problem.

@pangkwongluk 

Could be the time got out of sync with the PDC...

@AccotinkCaptain I have noticed this error occurs with servers that have had the event log sizes enlarged. this occurs for me when we pre-configure and tune a server in preparation for installing Exchange.

@CepheusSolutions 

I have this problem with two Windows server 2019. one of them have exchange installed. Hoe do you fix it?

@pangkwongluk I have same issue on 2016. In Server Manager other than hostname everything shows up as "Unknown" I tried disabling WMI service and re-registaring WMI components which helped till another reboot where all went back to "Unknown"