Running RemoteApp fails to run two instances with the same user

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi, I have the following situation:

1. I have an application installed on my application server.

2. This application is published in my Collection of the server and from a workspace I access RemoteApp to said application.

3. In this application I must configure a connection that points to a server which allows me to bring the required information that will be displayed in the application.

4. According to the previous point, I have two different connections configured in the application to the same server.

(Here starts my query as such)

5. I need to have two instances of the application running simultaneously. One instance of the application connects to one of the internal configurations according to point 4, and the other instance of the application points to the second configured connection.

6. When I remotely access my application server, I can run the two instances of my application, each one connecting to the configurations of point 4.

7. However, when trying to do this by running the application from the work environment via RemoteApp, it does not allow me to have two simultaneous sessions because it says that another user is connected.

According to my analysis, when I run the application via RemoteApp, two process trees appear and in each one the .exe of my application appears, whereas when I run the application on the server directly there is only one process tree where the two instances appear .exe of the application executed.

Running connected to the server by remote desktop

Procesos Ejecución 2 apps en el servidor directamente.jpg

Running via RemoteApp

Procesos Ejecución 2 apps vía RemoteApp.jpg 

Failed to run via RemoteApp

Falla vía RemoteApp al ejecutar otra instancia.jpg

Is it possible that when I run the application via RemoteApp the two .exe processes are under the same process tree as when I do it directly on the server?

I hope you have made me understand.

Thank you.

9 Replies

Hello, I have changed the language of my question.

Sounds like you just want to allow a user to run two simultaneous RDS sessions? You could;

Computer Configuration\ Administrative Templates\ Windows Components\ Remote Desktop Services\ Remote Desktop Session Host\ Connections\

Restrict Remote Desktop Services users to a single Remote Desktop Services session     Disabled

Thanks for the reply. That GPO is disabled, and that's what makes me stranger.

Captura.JPG

From my workspace I can execute two instances of the application, but I can not establish the connections that I mentioned in point 4. This only happens when executing the application by remoteapp.

Internal configuration of my application:

Config conections.jpg

Running the application from the server's remote desktop, I connect to the two configurations of the previous image.

conections RDP.jpg

I run the application from RemoteApp, try to connect to the two configurations as in the previous image and that's where I present the error, it only allows me to connect to one of the settings of my application.

conections RemoteApp.jpg

This error only occurs when I am occupying my user executing the remoteapp. If I am using the application directly from the server's desktop, there I can run the two instances.

I'd probably ask the scada systems developer how to accomplish this.

Thanks. This means that probably the server to which the connection is made from the application, or the development of the application are those that may be causing the restriction?

If this were a Rockwell Automation scada then I could envision how this could / would work. I've no experience with the weatherford scada so I'd probably ask weatherford how to do.

Hello.

Could I have these two RemoteApp sessions run in the same session?

Same session.png

If the application were executed under a same session, I would think that this error would not appear anymore.

Seems a question for the scada software developer. Running multiple instances of a program isn't an OS function, it depends on the coding of the application.