Home

GPO, SRP, Windows Server 2012.

Highlighted
Robert Bollinger
Occasional Contributor

Hey Guys, 

I am trying to answer some questions on Software Restriction Policies that I have. Form this link here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2012-R2-and-2012/hh...

Under the section: Set Trusted Publishers Options

Here >> The policy settings in the Trusted Publishers tab of the certificate path validation policy allows administrators to control which certificates can be accepted as coming from a trusted publisher.

Do I set this policy settings under trusted publishers, or under Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings, click Public Key Policies.

I don't understand what the difference is between the trusted publishers tab (of the SRP itself) and the "Trusted Publishers" under the security settings public key? 

Sorry I know its a strange question, but the documentation isn't very clear on the differences between both locations. Why is there a setting on the SRP (Itself) and in Group Policy (per the doc) ? The SRP settings DO NOT write to the security settings\Public Key Policies on the local client system. 

Thanks, 

Robert

Related Conversations
Tabs and Dark Mode
cjc2112 in Discussions on
48 Replies
Extentions Synchronization
Deleted in Discussions on
3 Replies
Stable version of Edge insider browser
HotCakeX in Discussions on
35 Replies