SOLVED

Creating a website to display Powershell Script Output

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I have a quick query, that I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with.

I run a number of powershell scripts weekly (Inactive accounts, DA memebers, etc) and the output of each script is emailed to my IT colleagues in either EXCEL or html format.

I want to try and create a website, where the output of all these scripts are displayed on one or more pages. Where should I start with this? and how can I integrate powershell into HTML? Should i be looking at ASP.NET?

Thanks

Brendan

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Brendan Leddy (Copper Contributor)
Solution
A quick and easy solution (depending on your security and other requirements) might be to run up an IIS web service and turn on directory browsing, then use convertto-html | out-file to make up some html files for each report with a date stamp. You can then browse to the webservice and see a listing of all the outputs.

If required you can have a separate script the cleans it up each week or month.

Thanks Peter, I'll give that a go and see how I get on!

Brendan

To anyone who may still be interested in this, here’s a working demo of real-time Powershell output to a webpage. https://github.com/ashstrahle/RealtimePowerShellHTMLWindow.git
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Brendan Leddy (Copper Contributor)
Solution
A quick and easy solution (depending on your security and other requirements) might be to run up an IIS web service and turn on directory browsing, then use convertto-html | out-file to make up some html files for each report with a date stamp. You can then browse to the webservice and see a listing of all the outputs.

If required you can have a separate script the cleans it up each week or month.

View solution in original post