>>Checking Media Presence……

Copper Contributor

A client (doctor) left an exam room. When the doctor came back, there was a black screen with the following on it.

>>Checking Media Presence……

>>Media Present……

>>Start PXE over IPv4.

The doctor moved the patient to another exam room. A staff member went into that room a short time later and found a Windows login screen.

The strange thing is, after logging in, the screen was as the doctor left it. She was in an electronic medical records program and the patient chart was still there.

So, there could have been a reboot....

6 Replies

This would indicate a reboot and the possibility that it was unexpected. Then again, it could have been a planned restart for some other reason that the doctor didn't know about.  Most are not all that involved in the IT side of things.

The line "Start PXE over IPv4" would normally mean that the "boot' disc is to a server via the ethernet adapter. Many PCs you see in doctor's offices are some sort of thin-client setup both for space, cost and security.

Probably before the reboot happened, the terminal/OS had saved out what the doctor had been looking at, thus when he logged onto another terminal it would be logical to have the same screen come back up. Think of like when you have files saved to memory or having Explorer open up to certain folders when you reboot your home PC.

Thanks for the reply. The station is a Lenovo M710e running Win 10 Pro. They are not using a thin client or RDS, which would explain the Dr's application still being there. So, if it did re-boot, there should have been a screen asking for the app to be close. I don't remember if that screen times out. In any case the apps would have been closed on the re-boot, but were not. I B confused (normal state ;)

Even if it wasn't a thin client, I'm pretty certain no doctor or patient files would reside on that machine, again for the reasons already stated, plus the fact that doctors would need to be able to float from machine to machine. In any case if it was a hardware fault the system wouldn't ask for saving, it just does it. That's the purpose of the modern "Stop Code". It freezes and saves everything before rebooting. 

We have a duplicate system setup at our office and we have tried to duplicate the problem. We even left the EMR open and re-booted.  Login got the desktop screen with app closed.

Well, I still B confused. Since this Amazon vendor offers only "call" Lenovo or Microsoft support, I think I am returning the PCs and getting them from another pre-checked vendor.

Another clue. Just happened again about the same time about 5:30pm hmmmm

So, I said to myself.../self way aren't you checking the Event Viewer like you should be. Both issues were about the same time. Event view says;

Computer:     Wkstation4

Description:

Faulting application name: Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHost.SettingsApp.exe, version: 1.1.16.0, time stamp: 0x5afb4b77

Faulting module name: EventMonitor.dll, version: 1.2.233.2, time stamp: 0x5b52ef0f

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000000570c

Faulting process id: 0x1320

Faulting application start time: 0x01d434f7fd7101db

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lenovo\iMController\PluginHost\Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHost.SettingsApp.exe

Faulting module path: C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\iMController\Plugins\DolbyAudioPlugin\x64\EventMonitor.dll

Report Id: 70c0179a-007c-442a-972a-39480b7dda1e