error code running wdag 0x80070003, no vm created hyperv manager

Copper Contributor

tryng to test wdag windows defender applicatin gourd give an error

i think the problem is that the vm want created while i instaled h-v and wdag

im using last insider build 16251

is thare a way to create the vm menuely

11 Replies

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files This program will scan and correct any possible cause of the issue.

Please refer the below article.

SFC (System File Checker) tool

Let us know if it works for you.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply,
Its not fixing the problem i already try this

This error can startle even the most experienced PC users because they happen so suddenly.

Windows Defender Error 0x80070003 is usually caused by misconfigured system files that create registry errors within your operating system. Windows errors can cause program lock-ups, slow PC performance, system crashes, computer freezing and more. Registry errors generally occur when new programs are installed over old ones without the old programs being completely uninstalled. This can cause registry pile-ups and error messages. Another potential cause of these error messages can come from malicious software such as adware, spyware, and viruses.

Solutions
Using CCleaner to clean registry.
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

If you know any other registry cleaner please go ahead.

Reg creating VM:

Using PowerShell scripts you can create a VM in Hyper V let me know if you need those scripts. 

Thanks
Gowrish

im using cc on a regular basis for myself and my clients

try to clean the registry and come with the results

thanks

Reg creating VM:

Using PowerShell scripts you can create a VM in Hyper V let me know if you need those scripts. 

hi 

yes please send me the ps commands 

try again to sfc and cc the problem not solved

Please find the below links to create a virtual machine in Hyper-V scripting. according to your requirements, you need to modify the script

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/virtualization/hyper-v/get-started/create-a-virtual-...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization/hyper-v-on-windows/quick-start/try-hyper-v-powershel...

PowerShell
------------------------------------------------
$VMName = "VMNAME"

$VM = @{
Name = $VMName
MemoryStartupBytes = 2147483648
Generation = 2
NewVHDPath = "C:\Virtual Machines\$VMName\$VMName.vhdx"
NewVHDSizeBytes = 53687091200
BootDevice = "VHD"
Path = "C:\Virtual Machines\$VMName"
SwitchName = (Get-VMSwitch).Name[0]
}

New-VM @VM

Thanks
Gowrish
Check out Windows 10 Insider Preview 16257.1 (rs3_release) today for PC it can fix your issue.

Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) Improvements

We have added new status strings to the WDAG splash dialog to provide more information about the startup stages for WDAG. These new strings will be displayed to users when WDAG is starting up and when it’s being resumed from a paused state.
We have also made significant improvements to container launch times by optimizing background preparation of the WDAG container.
We fixed a number of issues that were impacting networking inside the WDAG container as well as a poor user experience when connecting to the WDAG container.
Fixed an issue where the WDAG launch resulted in Error Codes 0x02 / 0x00 or 0x02 / 0c.
Fixed an issue where only part of the WDAG window was being displayed after launch.
Added a registry key to allow users to optimize WDAG launch times during active browsing by not suspending the WDAG container when the WDAG window is closed. You can set the registry key to optimize for performance here: Computer\HKLM\Software\Microsoft\HVSI\, Value name: SuspendOnContainerClosed, REG_DWORD, Value data: 1. Note: Setting this key will result in the container not pausing and the container will not release committed memory.

hi

after the apdate to 16257 my laptop back to the original windows 10 pro so i change the key again

(is thare somthing more to do than just activate the new key, may be refreshing os)

its look like windows activate my license of the ent version but stays pro

have this error whan trying to add the function

"windows defender application guard is not supported on dhis device confoguration"

thanks again for your replays

I am not sure where you are stuck. Please share the screen shot the error. Let me know the hardware configuration.

How to setup and configure your system for Windows Defender Application Guard

Requirements:
Windows 10 Enterprise SKU only, Build 16188+
en-us only for the current builds; Full locale support will arrive soon
PC must support Hyper-V (some older PCs may not support Hyper-V or have this feature disabled in BIOS)
Windows Defender Application Guard is Off by default, it must be enabled manually or by policy

You can turn on Windows Defender Application Guard using the Turn Windows features on or off dialog.
Select the checkbox as shown below for Windows Defender Application Guard.

Click OK and then restart your computer.

How to Use Windows Defender Application Guard
Open Edge and click on the menu in the top right corner
Click on "New Application Guard window" as shown below

Windows Defender Application Guard
You will see the following splash screen after which a new instance of Edge will open with Windows Defender Application Guard enabled.

The new instance of Edge will open with Windows Defender Application Guard enabled

We encourage Windows Insiders to use Windows Defender Application Guard with Microsoft Edge to browse the Web. Your feedback, suggestions, and telemetry will help us to improve this feature.

Thanks

two picturs attached first is the gray option to add this feature

second its the computer properties it an hp pro book 430 g2 5th gen cpu that support hyVcomp.JPG

error.JPG

Please compare with below screen shot. make sure you have installed all Hyper-V roles.

Issue.PNG

Ver.PNG

Win10.PNG

WDAG enabled in gpedit.msc 

Computer Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ Windows Defender Application Guard.

WDA.PNG

Requirements:

• Windows 10 Enterprise SKU only, Build 16188+
  • en-us only for the current builds; Full locale support will arrive soon
  • PC must support Hyper-V (some older PCs may not support Hyper-V or have this feature disabled in BIOS)
  • Windows Defender Application Guard is Off by default, it must be enabled manually or by policy