SOLVED

Windows Insider update problems

Copper Contributor

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: • Windows 10 Insider Preview 17035.1000 (rs_prerelease) - Error 0xc1900403 

Help ME !!!! 

9 Replies
best response confirmed by Tarun Sharma (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I somehow managed to solve my problem , In 17025 version updates will not work until you leave your PC idle , Don't just bother if it is paused at 100% or any other figure , just leave PC aside and do your other work and let PC to do it's work , then suddenly you will get restart popup , tadaaaaa !!

I have found a resolution to updating to new builds for insiders update system drivers as well as non system drivers. system as in motherboard drivers....

and whats that ?

I have had a problem with an Insider install. The computer I am using for the Insider Builds is in a perpetual loop that begins with the onscreen message "Diagnosing your PC" and proceeds almost immediately to a "system exception thread not handled" error. Then a few seconds later, it repeats the same message and continues in a loop with no escape. 

Jeff Sells

I needed to get a new driver I used DriverMax a third party program thus getting the drivers my system needed to have updated. this allowed me to update to the current build with no further issues.

Same problem -- brand new one!! :(  I tried to boot from a =repair= CD produced on another machine that should have the same build (17120), but it wouldn't boot.  I =could= boot from a =recovery= USB thumb drive, so I'm working through CHKDSK, etc. But if someone comes up with an efficient way to address this issue, I'd sure like to see it!!!   (PS: I don't know if the earlier responses in this thread that referred to a commercial driver updating program are just spam or real experience, but I certainly couldn't run such a tool while in a reboot loop!!!)

not spam on my part I used driver max to assist in resolution of this issue. I did however purchase it and it showed many driver updates I did a pick a choose of the drivers needed and found it to be system drivers for the mother board that had to be updated to allow my system to update with no issue.

Same problem - continual loop - alternates between blue screen message System_Service_Exception and Systems-Thread_Exception_Not-Handled and restarts. Any luck getting out of that?

Created a windows install iso booted into the either cd/dvd or usb drive and installed windows over top itself resolved this issue I had this one back in the days of windows XP.

I have had many issues with windows back in the old file format and resolved them fast with little issues. when I did however load windows over itself found it best to do fresh install resolving many other issues not factored in when trying to resolve driver issues.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Tarun Sharma (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I somehow managed to solve my problem , In 17025 version updates will not work until you leave your PC idle , Don't just bother if it is paused at 100% or any other figure , just leave PC aside and do your other work and let PC to do it's work , then suddenly you will get restart popup , tadaaaaa !!

View solution in original post