Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16251 rs3 for PC released

Deleted
Not applicable

Hello Insiders!

What’s New in Build 16251 rs3

Windows lets you link your phone and PCYou may remember at Build we talked about PCs and phones working better together. With Build 16251, we are introducing the first set of features that enable “linking” your phone to your PC. This build’s scenario is focused on cross-device web-browsing. Today, we’re asking for you Windows Insiders to help us test this experience out using your Android phones.  Support for iPhone is coming very soon, stay tuned.To get started, after installing today’s new build on your PC, go to Settings > Phone and link your phone. Having you link your phone ensures that your sessions from your phone are continued only on to the PC that you’ve chosen. After adding your phone to be linked, you will receive an SMS from us directing you to install a test application called “Microsoft Apps” for Android that completes the link between your phone and PC and enables one of our first cross device browsing scenarios. After you’ve linked your phone, just go to your phone and start browsing the web. When you are at a website you want to view on your PC, simply invoke the native share experience on your phone and share the website to the “Continue on PC” option. You might need to click the “…” or more to add this test app to your share menu.  Once invoked, it will first ask you to sign in with your Microsoft Account.  It is important you use the same account you are using on your PC.  Next it will ask you if you want to “Continue now” or “Continue later”. If you choose “Continue now”, the website will magically open on the linked PC.  If you choose to “Continue later”, the website will show up under Action Center for you to get to later when you’re ready. Try it out and let us to know of any issues you run into! 

Phone.PNG

After you’ve linked your phone, just go to your phone and start browsing the web. When you are at a website you want to view on your PC, simply invoke the native share experience on your phone and share the website to the “Continue on PC” option. You might need to click the “…” or more to add this test app to your share menu.  Once invoked, it will first ask you to sign in with your Microsoft Account.  It is important you use the same account you are using on your PC.  Next it will ask you if you want to “Continue now” or “Continue later”. If you choose “Continue now”, the website will magically open on the linked PC.  If you choose to “Continue later”, the website will show up under Action Center for you to get to later when you’re ready. Try it out and let us to know of any issues you run into!

1.png

2.png

3.png

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/07/26/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-1...

7 Replies

A few questions:

First, as Win10M user, I want to know if equivalent function will be added there?

Second, will the option open Edge or just any default browser on PC?

And finally, is that just the URL be shared, or the whole session be shared so I need not replay all the operation to get to the screen? If so it would be magic. :)

First, as Win10M user, I want to know if equivalent function will be added there?
The highlight of Preview Build 16251 is the ability to link your Android device to your Windows PC as Microsoft is introducing the first set of features that enable this linking functionality.

I am not sure about Win10M user.

2 - will the option open Edge or just any default browser on PC?
As of now supported in Microsoft Edge Browser only.
I have tested I keepet the google chrome in the defalt Browser and still it open in the Edge Browser.

is that just the URL be shared, or the whole session be shared so I need not replay all the operation to get to the screen?

Currently, the link functionality appears to be limited to tab pushing from your phone to your PC. This comes in handy for those of us who want to revisit articles on a bigger display and a proper setup. users can start browsing the Web on their phones. When a user at a website wants to view on the PC, simply tap on the "Continue on PC" option to invoke the native sharing experience. Once invoked, it will first ask users to sign in with their Microsoft account.

Ex: If you are reading wikipedia in phone browser, you want see those pages in bigger display you can share to your PC. This is some cool feature.

Install the application called “Microsoft Apps” for Android that completes the link between your phone and PC and enables one of our first cross device browsing scenarios.

Thanks

Screenshot_20170728-104733.pngScreenshot_20170728-104740.pngScreenshot_20170728-104753.pngScreenshot (29).png

I'm starting to get desesperated

I have random lockups and GSODs ever since the update was released. If i revert everything goes back to normal, but then the update downloads and i lose a ton of disk space.

Seriously, it's driving me nuts. 

if it is the Microsoft Lumia 950XL I should connect that?

Seems this feature is for Android only. No luck for WinPhone users like you and I.

Sad and true.

He even can't answer correctly for W10Mobile, as he don't know what is it!

What a shame devs.

:(

Hey Sorry for the delay,

I have already updated in a note in the Not sure about the Win10M user. You can find in my second reply. Thank you for your response here.