Windows 10 Insider Preview 17723.1000 - 0x8024200d error

Copper Contributor

Was recently notified about update Windows 10 Insider Preview 17723.1000 (rs5_release) and attempted update several times and have received error 0x8024200d several times. Anyone else able to update to this release or have a solution?  

4 Replies

I have received this in a couple of my attempts and have had medium success using the Reset Windows update Script here on TechNet, https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Reset-WindowsUpdateps1-e0c5eb78 

I have found in my experience that it usually a backlog of updates, firmware or otherwise that puts a machine into this error loop, as order of operations seems to affect it.  run the script to reset the updates, apply any firmware updates and then go for the new build, there is a strong chance that you will move forward.  You can go deep into the logging but I have found limited success in determining the actual failure culprit

Windows error code 0x8024200d usually occurs there is a problem with the download and that its files are corrupted or missing.
First run command prompt as an Administrator. Type there "C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow" and press enter and then you will see "Beginning system scan." Wait till the end.
Windows Resource Protection will find corrupt files and successfully repaired them. You can again retry installing your update after this.

Press the start key or start button and immediately type “cmd”Right click on the cmd application from the search results and select “run as administrator”In the command prompt window, type this line “C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow” and hit Enter. Wait for the scan to complete@Mostafa Baghi