Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.17692.1004 (RS_PRERELEASE_FLT)

Copper Contributor

When I try to install Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.17692.1004 (RS_PRERELEASE_FLT) on my system if fails and I get this cryptic error message- An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready yet. We'll keep trying or you can try again now.

I have tried clearing the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder and the DataStore.edb file but this has not worked. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Andy.

26 Replies
That does help to install the update but after update is installed and kaspesky reinstalled the computer crash and you need to reset it since you cant uninstall kaspersky in safemode.

This method worked for me.

I changed what kind of content would you like to receive to "The next version of Windows" and the pace at with I wanted to get new builds to Fast. I then ran the update troubleshooter. The first time I ran the update I received an error message, I then retried and this time the upgrade worked. HTH.

same here from Thailand and Cannot install this build until now , And no any how from any guy 

A new update has hit the slow ring Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.17713.1002 (rs5_release) this one seems to be working.

I try to for that one. For new release but the same cannot install ., And Can you install them?

No problems installing the new update.

I have the same problem.