Running Fullscreen Video cause Stutter/lag in 19002

Brass Contributor

19002 introduced a horrible video lag (MPC-HC+madVR) in full-screen!
As soon as I go full-screen the fps drop sharply and stuttering begins, if I only go to the seek bar or right click menu etc. (thus still same resolution rendering), all works again in max fps (I have Fury GPU, that has more than enough strength for my madVR setting).
All worked in previous build (had the shutdown/restart issue though), same settings and all.

58 Replies
Of course you can.

before doing that, moving all your Important files from your C drive to other drives, you can also put them on OneDrive if you have enough space there.
I think he meant program data, since he already mentioned it, not personal files...
Doesn't matter,
Windows insider is not for everyone to use as their main everyday OS. they need to dual boot with a stable one

@HotCakeX No I meant personal files + Apps.... 
All I can choose is 

"Keep nothing"

You can manually move personal files from your C drive to other drives.

Yup... after buying another 6TB HDD

Why? your C drive is 6TB?
Yes... I thought: Partitioning will do...
But Windows once thought: "Nope.. I don't care about partitioning.. I don't even ask on wich partition I'll be installed.. I just wipe everything"
Know that, becouse already had that... took me whole 2 Years to recover from my Data-Loss..

Is it possible to unregister from Insider and just wait for the next big update?

@Mr_R341 

@Mr_R341 wrote:
Yes... I thought: Partitioning will do...
But Windows once thought: "Nope.. I don't care about partitioning.. I don't even ask on wich partition I'll be installed.. I just wipe everything"
Know that, becouse already had that... took me whole 2 Years to recover from my Data-Loss..

Is it possible to unregister from Insider and just wait for the next big update?

you need to take your computer to a professional to do the partitioning for you.

Annotation 2019-11-04 135315.png

@HotCakeX Whats in your mind? What shoukd he do? I meant with the partitioning.. I'm really sure I'm able to do this as well... Just tell me what you think about it... How  should I partitioning it?

Also it has to be possible to trick windows that it thinks the normal version is a new update instead of an old version...

Unbenannt.PNG

"Your Data, Apps and Settings can't be keep, couse the actual Version of Windows probably is installed in an unsupported location or you try to install an old Version of Windows"

I'm really sorry :D But I'm struggeling very hard here...

Also: I tried to reinstall the Insider Build and it worked well, but the Greenscreen still occurs so as the stuttering in fullscreen on "Main-Screen"

And with simply uncheck the Box and waiting for another normal Windows Update will work to get to normal?

I think at this point you better open a new thread about your issue since it's entirely different then the topic of this one.

there are many guides on the Internet for things that you are looking for. but I still think you need to let someone with enough knowledge to do it, otherwise you're gonna lose all your data and i don't think you want that.

@HotCakeX  well I see theiy're fixing the stuttering within the new 19018... And ince there's no Stock-Update I registered Insider again, Install the new Update and unregister then again... Hopefully my other Problems will be fixed, too :)

Fingers crossed :)
Btw they released a full ISO for build 19013 on their website

@HotCakeX GUESS WHAT!! 

Full-System is bricked! xD Oh common.. I can't start ANY Windows-installation on my PC.... So:
Bootet Linux, made a 400GB partition that I've left from my Space, Wanted to install Windows temporarly on it. Can't installed becouse "partition not found" after selecting the partition and click on install xD

Now trying to download 19018.1 via linux and upgrade the broken system with a Stick....
I simpyl LOVE Linux :DI simpyl LOVE Linux :D

I know your issue is important to you, but you are in a wrong thread.

Not to mention you need a general forum assistance (they are many good ones in Germany), since you have beginners misconceptions I advise you dive into the matter a little bit more and learn your basics (and stay away from insider! ;))...
Obviously if you created a "Linux type" partition from Linux, windows has no way of recognizing it...
Umm...format that parition to NTFS

@MDM-1 This problem doesn't seem to be isolated to Insider builds. It's currently a problem with the production build of Windows 19042.572. My feedback link for that build is here: https://aka.ms/AAa49sy

@brightstarbeingNoting to do with this old insider build version issue, it had lag in all players!
You have an app issue...