Running Fullscreen Video cause Stutter/lag in 19002

Brass Contributor

19002 introduced a horrible video lag (MPC-HC+madVR) in full-screen!
As soon as I go full-screen the fps drop sharply and stuttering begins, if I only go to the seek bar or right click menu etc. (thus still same resolution rendering), all works again in max fps (I have Fury GPU, that has more than enough strength for my madVR setting).
All worked in previous build (had the shutdown/restart issue though), same settings and all.

58 Replies

Have this problem as well with a Vega64@MDM-1 

What's your graphic card?

@HotCakeX I have an AMD RX480 8GB.

Hmm AMD again
I'm having the same issue with my GTX 1070ti. Any video or game for that matter stutters horrendously when running in Fullscreen. Windowed Fullscreens solves it in games that offer it, but it's pretty annoying.
okay, open a feedback and add your details.

@Dalto11 @MDM-1 @JEarly410 @Desperadov @MagicLink 

Fixed in build 19013. please update your Windows.

More info: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/10/29/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-1...

"We fixed an issue resulting in frames being skipped, starting with Build 19002, when running games and videos fullscreen."

Yes it is fixed in build 19013.
Hope it newer comes back (but I doubt it, this IS Insider builds and the Fast one...).
Yeah, though I think they are going towards stabilizing this build because 20H1 is actually going to be released in December 2019

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Windows-10/Microsoft-s-Windows-10-20H1-release-will-be-first-...

@HotCakeX same Problem here with GTX 1080 and also with 19013 ... Problems over Problems... I even cant go back to normal windows... deleted save-point

EDIT:

working on "non-main-screen"
You can always switch back to stable version of Windows
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

@HotCakeX I can't without completly reinstalling it... 

(Also my System crashes EVERY TIME I want to restart or shutdown.. even with shutdown -s -t 0)

@Mr_R341 

@Mr_R341 wrote:

@HotCakeX I can't without completly reinstalling it... 

(Also my System crashes EVERY TIME I want to restart or shutdown.. even with shutdown -s -t 0)

so clean install it, no big deal.

obviously insider version is not for you and you need stable Windows instead.

It actually is kinda big deal... I installes so many Programs, they cant be used without reinstalling it.. (It's a regedit thing I guess) It would take me DAYS to get back to normal... Do you know, if it can reverted if the next normal Windows Update occurs? Or should I wait till there's maybe a fix withi the next Insider-Updates?

In fact I wanted to use the Insider Feature within "Your Phone" to call with people with my Android while using my PC-Headset...

@Mr_R341 

@Mr_R341 wrote:
It actually is kinda big deal... I installes so many Programs, they cant be used without reinstalling it.. (It's a regedit thing I guess) It would take me DAYS to get back to normal... Do you know, if it can reverted if the next normal Windows Update occurs? Or should I wait till there's maybe a fix withi the next Insider-Updates?

In fact I wanted to use the Insider Feature within "Your Phone" to call with people with my Android while using my PC-Headset...

Not all people can handle Windows insider versions as their main everyday OS, and Microsoft warns users before installing it.

the problem that you are talking about was solved weeks ago. it's build 19013 now

https://blogs.windows.com/blog/tag/windows-insider-program/

You can also get individual builds from here and make your own ISO file to do an in-place upgrade:

https://uupdump.ml/known.php

but with the problem you are having, I don't think you can pull that off and only choice is a fresh install.

@Mr_R341The issues you are having are different, because the ones we talk about here (and the old shutdown /restart one) have been solved.
You must investigate, and I recommend you to open a new thread, and before that check for other issues and especially causes!

like I said... I'm on the latest Insider-Build and the Problem still occurs in 19013...

@Mr_R341And like I am saying it is solved for everyone except you, so something went wrong in your case, thus a different problem.

Where and how, was the update to 19013 uncomplete or faulty (not unheard of, and seems to me to be your case) or something third... Only you can know/test.

For example IF you updated to latest build AFTER having System crashes etc., you basically transferred an corrupted system/files/registry; it is a big no-no, in that case you restore or go back to previously good version and update, etc. It is practically essential to have backups if on insider and especially on "fast".

I even can't keep anything if I want to reinstall windows O.o

I can keep apps and data with the latest insider build... well.. lets see if I can "refresh" and repair the system this way....