Microsoft Chrome edge unable to upload video for Facebook PM (private message)

Copper Contributor

Microsoft Chrome edge unable to upload video for Facebook PM (private message)

Resolved. You need to select the file type then you can select to upload video / photo etc for facebook pm via Microsoft Chrome edge.

For the Old Microsoft Edge, by default facebook pm is upload "All files"

9 Replies
Have you posted this to the Edge Insider Community?

@Eddie Leonard 

When you click attached photo for facebook pm. The pop up window does not show the video file. Only photos can be upload via facebook pm.

Regards
Alex

@Alex2359 

Thanks.  I do understand the issue you are having.  This forum is for Windows Insider related discussions.  Your issue is related to Edge Insider which is here:  https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Edge-Insider/ct-p/MicrosoftEdgeInsider.

You may find others there experiencing your same issue that may be able to help.

Also have you left feedback with Edge using the "smiley face" in the upper right-hand corner of Edge?  This feedback goes back to the team so they can look into issues.

I understand it's not the right section for it but about your problem, I just tried uploading a video in PM and it worked.
my Edge is Version 77.0.226.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)
so it's solved.

@HotCakeX 

Resolved. You need to select the file type then you can select to upload video / photo etc for facebook pm via Microsoft Chrome edge.

@Eddie Leonard 

@Alex2359 

Well I didn't do any of them, I just drag and dropped a .mp4 file in the Facebook PM and it started uploading right away.

@HotCakeX 

The Microsoft Edge Chrome has gone under a few revisions since I posted the issue and the feedback from the Microsoft team was the fault lies with Facebook.

@Alex2359 

Yeah, issues with popular websites like Facebook tend to get fixed quickly