I cannot safely remove devices, icon is showing but there is no option to remove.

Copper Contributor

hello, my main language is not english, but i'll try my best

i noticed that the option to safely remove devices was disabled or something like that, i follow some steps to try to bring it back but still there is no button.
Sin título2.pngSin título1.png

the steps i followed was:

go to disk manager

go to the propieties of the external drive and select policies

and change quick remove to better performance, but still no change on the "disabled option"

6 Replies

@MeltedRanger999 This may not be the answer you'd expected, but Microsoft announced, that you really don't need to safely remove USB flash drives anymore. Maybe this has anything to do with your problem. Want more info on that, just visit https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/8/18300734/microsoft-safely-remove-eject-usb-flash-drive-not-needed-...

Greetings Markus

If you anyways want to remove the device, you could press "Win + R" for Run and then just enter: "RunDll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll" without the quotes.

If my answer was helpful, i would appreciate to get a like :)

@Deleted 

i already know this but why is on my friends computer showing the option to remove safely? using the same build as me?, and in the propieties says that if you change quick remove to better performance you will need to safely remove the devices, i select better performance and still nothing

@MeltedRanger999 Did you tried the stuff with Win + R ? Is it possible to remove it there ?

yes i tried, it worked but why is disabled on the icon menu?

@Deleted 

That is a good question i cant answer