Build 1803, Can't Disable Hyper-V Using Bcdedit

Copper Contributor

Hello,

My system just upgraded to Build 1803, which seems to have wiped out my multi-boot options--I had two boot options:  1) To boot with hypervisorlaunchtype set to off, and 2) To booth with hypervisorlaunchtype set to auto (Hyper-V is enabled).  I tried making another boot entry and disabling Hyper-V like I've done before:

bcdedit /set {id # of the new bcdedit entry} hypervisorlaunchtype off

But this option no longer seems to work with the bcdedit command.  How do I create a boot option allowing me to turn off Hyper-V, so I can use VMWare and VirtualBox (I also use Hyper-V, which is why I use multiboot options).

Thanks,

Ian

2 Replies

Nevermind... seems to work now.  Maybe reboot did it?  It did seem to lose my previous multiboot configuration though when it updated to build 1803.

I found this posting because I just updated to the live 1803 update and noticed that my bcd store settings have been renamed or modified as well. I had these 3 entries prior to the update:

• Windows 10 Pro
  • Windows 10 Pro (School)
  • Windows 10 Pro (School) Hyper-V Off

I use the "School Image" for my school work and studies. I used the hypervisorlaunchtype off setting as well. I'm just curious if it's normal for this to happen. I haven't attempted to boot into the other image yet. Hopefully it still works. Here is what I have after rebooting following the 1803 update.

• Windows 10
  • Windows 10 Pro
  • Windows 10 Pro (School) Hyper-V off