Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18890

MVP

"Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18890 (20H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring."

More Info: Windows Blog

10 Replies
Hi, it fails to install. i tried it 10 times.
There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later.
Windows 10 Insider Preview 18890.1000 (rs_prerelease) - Error 0x80070003
Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x80070003)

The download was Not interrupted whatsoever and it was 100% successfully completed. i redownloaded the whole update again and again but still got the same error.

the Install gets stuck at 73% for few seconds and then fails along with that message.

here is the feedback i posted to feedbackhub.

https://aka.ms/AA4y3vv

@HotCakeX Hi there,

Thanks for sharing you experience. I've not download it yet (later today), but I will share my experience here as soon as I can.

Meanwhile, I'll upvote your feedback.

Thank you. the problem looks similar to the one build 18875 suffered from.

@HotCakeX wrote:
Thank you. the problem looks similar to the one build 18875 suffered from.

It worked fine for me.

I downloaded and updated a dell xps8300 desktop from build 18885.1001 to 18890.1000 on 5/1/2019 11:30PM without any problem.

@fggIB 

I understand it worked for you. let me tell you this, remember when build 18875 released and 99% of people couldn't install it? Microsoft said wait for a patch but i didn't want to wait for 1 week to install 20H1 over 19H1, so i just reset my Windows (clean install) from the settings, and after that 18875 successfully installed over 19H1, without any problem.

so you see, there were some conflicts and incompatibility in there so when i reset the Windows, it went away, maybe the conflict was from 3rd party program or settings. now it's the same, there is definitely something wrong with build 18890. i don't know how fresh your 18885 that could be upgraded to 18890 without problem but it doesn't mean that the problem doesn't exist.

@HotCakeX wrote:

@fggIB 

I understand it worked for you. let me tell you this, remember when build 18875 released and 99% of people couldn't install it? Microsoft said wait for a patch but i didn't want to wait for 1 week to install 20H1 over 19H1, so i just reset my Windows (clean install) from the settings, and after that 18875 successfully installed over 19H1, without any problem.

so you see, there were some conflicts and incompatibility in there so when i reset the Windows, it went away, maybe the conflict was from 3rd party program or settings. now it's the same, there is definitely something wrong with build 18890. i don't know how fresh your 18885 that could be upgraded to 18890 without problem but it doesn't mean that the problem doesn't exist.

@HotCakeX 

I had the problem with 18875 too, but when I tried again the following day the problem was fixed.

Could be a similar situation here with 18890 ? I just pointed out that it worked fine in my case, I have no idea if they fixed any problem that was reported. 

@fggIB 

i wonder if they install these insider builds on a few machines to test them internally before releasing to public! i mean they must be..right? that would be awful to release untested build, no matter insider or not, it's going to sit on people's machines and insiders are not getting paid to test these builds...

about your situation, your 18885 was fresh or you had some programs installed on it too?

@HotCakeX 

My 18885 was an update from 18875 which was an update from previous insider versions, all updated from my previous win 10 1809 with all my programs installed.

So,  no it was not a fresh 18885 install.

@HotCakeX Hi there,

Well, I installed 18890 from 18885 with no issues, like it did from 18875 and erlier.

Did you try any troubleshooter meawhile?

@nuno silva i always do all the troubleshootings before posting anything online, i think of posting online as the last resort, not the first thing that comes to my mind like some people.

looking at my feedback and comments on it people have this problem but some insider team are too arrogant to confirm it exists for some people so they don't care, i don't care. deleted their Insider and went back to stable build, now enjoying hassle free work.