Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17733

MVP

"Hello Windows Insiders!

Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17733 (RS5) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring."

More info: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/08/08/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-1...

9 Replies
Green screen of death: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0xC1900101: Windows 10 Insider Preview 17733.1000 (rs5_release). Do you have any guidance?

same :(

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0xC1900101: Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.17713.1002 (rs5_release).

Oh, goodies. I wasn't able to install 17730 with various errors and freezes and it seems i won't be able to install newer one either.

Hi Joseph,

A result code of 0xC1900101 is generic and indicates that a rollback occurred. In most cases, the cause is a driver compatibility issue.

Take a look at the following link to get some troubleshooting procedures:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/resolution-procedures#0xc1900101

If possible, log the error at  the Feedback Hub and share here the link so others can upvote it.

Hi there, new user here. I have 177733.rs5 and am getting random shutdowns. I think it is due to me using youtube through firefox, maybe the html5 video, as I also shut down when viewing a video on twitter. I attached a DXdiag and I wonder is this the best place to report? Actually it wont let me attach the file there.

Thanks,
Chris

Ok, been using edge and everything is stable for over an hour. 

I also found the forums where I can research and post, so thanks. 

Chris

Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17733.rs5_release.180803-1525

Windows 10  Taskbar buttons (Start Button/Clock/wifi) not showing when I click the Start Button/Clock/wifi in the  taskbar. Apart from that, start menu is not popping up even if I press the windows key in the key board. This issue is having several last insider previews.

N.B : Language Button/Icon works fine all the time.

I was able to install 17735 after resetting my virtual machine. Though it has to be restarted every few minutes, as apps lock up after a while. Can't use Start, launch Settings, etc.

After updating to Windows 10 Preview Build 17730.rs5_release.180731-1421 my Start Menu stopped working at all. I tried to create a shortcut to Settings|Windows Update for instance and it returns the message: ms-settings:windowsupdate Installation failed. Please contact your software vendor. Any clue about what is happening? There's any way to revert this failed update and get the things working again? Thanks!