Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17040 for PC

Microsoft

Today, we released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17040 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring and for those who opted in to Skip Ahead.  For full details of what's included in the build, please consult our blog.

We'd appreciate a moment of your time...

Windows Insiders running the latest Insider Preview builds have been able to try out early versions of Windows apps like Mail and Calendar, Skype, Photos and People. In an effort to improve this experience, we’re asking Insiders to complete a quick survey. The survey only takes 1-3 minutes to complete.

As with all our surveys, the feedback you provide will not be will not be shared outside of Microsoft or associated with any personal information unless you choose to provide your Microsoft account email (MSA). Feedback from this survey will help us enhance the app preview experience with more timely app updates, more informative news announcements and other benefits.

Thank you in advance for your time!

10 Replies
I hav e build 17025 and am trying to install 17040 but each time the pc reverts to previous build. Just spent 3 days trying to find the Insider Hub!!!! Help Please!!

You're not alone. My older AMD-based system has three failed attempts to install. Hoping that will be addressed in the next build.

AMD system, from 17025.1000 failed to install 17040 with no error codes to reference to.  It just said failed.

@William G. Hayes wrote:

You're not alone. My older AMD-based system has three failed attempts to install. Hoping that will be addressed in the next build.

You are not alone.My amd is doing the same.

Have tried all I could find to get it to install but no go.

Will wait for the next build.

Cheers

Kevin

Same here AMD system at 17025. Same prblem failed at reboot. Tried upgrading by creating an iso file. Got error 0xC1900101-0x20017. The insstallation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with and error during BOOT operation.

Kevin Green wrote:

You are not alone.My amd is doing the same.

Have tried all I could find to get it to install but no go.

Will wait for the next build.

Cheers

Kevin

Did the next build (17046) work out for you? As for me... still waiting. <g> 

Hi, No17046 would not boot up also.

Cheers

Kevin

Failed on error 0xc1900101

ThinkPad E470, i7-7500U.

On Surface Pro 4: after upgrade 2times GSOD, but working after all.

Hi Team, We have developed the code to generate the MS Office EXCEL as a output. We have used different styles by using APACHE POI 3.7 jar file. That report is getting generated in Windows 7 and Mac OS. But when the customers are upgraded to Windows 10 with MS Office 2016, It is not working as expected. We are loosing all the styles and formats. Below is the example: Before applying the styles the EXCEL data is like an integer then after applying the format and styles it will convert the INT data into DATE format. But this efforts are working for first 4 rows and not working for the remaining rows. Please help me on fixing this issue.

Three failed builds later and I'm now on four failed attempts to install 17074. I'm about to consider myself a member of the Left Behinds. It would be nice if MS would announce that is the case or address it, even if to say "working on it." Anything is better than the silent treatment.

How about you? Have any of the newer builds worked for your situation?